Time to buy

Hey guys thanks a bunch for all of your responses to my questions.

I will definately get the two panniers.

I think I'll get by with the stock footpegs, I think what I really need
to do is some adjustment on the control positions more than anything.
The rear brake especially seemed a bit high for me.

I to am very interested  in hearing more about the Sergant seat with
back rest if available - or I'll look more into the concours retrofit.

As far as the maintenance is concerned I'm one of those that has to find
out the hard way.  I'll get the service books and try the valves myself
first.  I've never had any difficulty with other bikes so I'll give it a
go.