Re: heat

In a message dated 11/11/99 3:35:23 PM, wso@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm still considering my purchase of an ST.  Is this heat problem
common?
How severe is it?  How about you riders in the Northeast (New Jersey and
points north), does this bother you, or is it noticeable only in the
warmer parts of the country?

While it was very nice of Mr. Smart to reply, he didn't acknowledge the
issue or mention that a fix was in the works.

I find the heat a problem at low speeds (city streets) when the temp is >80
F, and at high speeds when the temp is >100 F. Mr. Smart's fix was to buy the
unfaired RS, but others on this list have mentioned  that taking the belly
pan off  cures it, which is what I will do the next time I do a long trip  in
triple digit temps. I don't think the heat problem is a reason not to buy the
bike. Dave Collins, San Diego