Re: Underseat exhausts

At 11:43 PM 11/16/1999 -0800, John Stossel wrote:
 >I am a proud new owner of a 1999 Sprint ST. I also just had the 2

Congrats

 >Has anyone done any real comparisons between the Wolf systems and
 >the Black Widow system? Yes, I saw the Customer service issues,
 >but I am talking about the technical stuff. Performance to Performance,
 >noise to noise, dyno to dyno, etc...

I haven't seen anything yet from either company. As a matter of fact, Black
Widow originally told us that they would have something in the July time
frame. Then they pushed that date back. Now they just don't respond at all
- - I have placed multiple emails and two phone calls to BW and none have
been returned - nice huh ? I have heard that they will not be producing
anymore underseats for the T5 - maybe due to poor sales from such poor
customer relations. I almost titled this email "F#$K Black Widow", just for
old times sake......

Wolf has seen its share of customer complaints off the T5 list, but
hopefully if they are continuing, the ST product will have a lot of the
problems worked out of it.

Also, one of the ST listers from Australia has an underseat exhaust already
on his ST, but I am not sure where they stand as far as production is
concerned. He can be reached at "Archer, Doug" <DArcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You would think that the designers would be farther along as the ST does
not pose as many underseat problems as the T5's do.

 >Do either of these systems work on a Sprint ST? You know, with the
 >different mappings than the Daytona?

The ST mappings have been the problem with all the aftermarket exhausts
(including slip ons) that have been tried so far. The mappings for the
Daytona will not work on the ST. However, Wayne's gameboy should allow some
tweaking so that may be the answer at this point.

- - Eric