Re: New RS nearly-owner

At 12:01 PM 11/17/1999 -0800, Andrea wrote:
 >Two weeks ago I ordered a racing yellow Sprint RS 2000, that the dealer
 >promised to deliver in december. Since then I was driving a Suzuki GSX-R

Keep us informed of the delivery. I think the only other RS person on the
list right now is Ken Thompson, but I am not sure if he has actually put
any money down on one yet. I was told that initial deliveries will probably
be much like the ST, so I wouldn't expect that we would see any here in the
US until the end of December or early January.

 >The first is the central stand. I'd like it because it is often a problem
 >to park with only the side stand, plus it's useful for little maintenance
 >operations like adding some chain lube. My only doubt is that it could
 >scratch when leaning hard.

I would assume that it will mount to the bottom of the frame as is the case
on the ST. If so, then I wouldn't think that you could drag it all the
easy. You'd hit the pipe or footpegs long before.....

 >The second is the topbox. The original Triumph colour-coordinated one looks
 >very cool, but since it is very expensive (~450 EUROs), I was wondering if
 >it is worth its price. What do you think?

It's very large and very secure. The only problem is that you would have
the rack on all the time. The box is capable of holding two full face
helmets or my laptop and carry case when coming to work. No leaks thus far.

- - Eric