CycleWorld 2000 - Dallas

Well, we just made it back to Houston.  Richard, I, Rick Paukert,
Shannon Duffy, and Joe & Annemarie Spivey (he has a Superhawk) all went
up to Dallas yesterday to go to the bike show.  We spent around 4-5
hours there, and ran across listers James Lock, Robert Head, and Thomas
Emerson.  We also had the pleasure of meeting up with Rallye attendees
Robert Head, Jenna Burnett, Dennis Tackett, and David Viasco (& his
friend Kelly) for dinner that evening. Mark and Charla Easley were also
able to join us.  It was great seeing/meeting everyone.  We only wish
Ron Gregory and Jack Hays could have joined us. Maybe next time.

The 600 is sharp!  They had one in the black/yellow color combination.
We didn't get to throw a leg over as they had her up on a little
platform.  Evidently it just arrived in the States this past week.  I
can't wait to see the red/silver one in person!  Travis Milner said that
they would be getting one of those in this next week!  The RS is also
sharp, especially in Lucifer Orange.  The seating position is a bit more
extreme than the ST, but I don't think unbearably so.

We also learned that Triumph is having a gathering in the Texas Hill
Country this next May 14-17, I believe.  Watch this next issue of Torque
for details.

The rest of the bike show was great as well.  We saw an Extreme Trials
demonstration, and of course, bikes other than Triumph, but we seemed to
just gravitate towards that truck!  I would have liked to have seen more
after market accessory vendors there, but all in all, there was a fair
showing of those folks.

If next year's show comes anywhere near you, I would say it is probably
worth you while to go take a look!

Lisa White
Houston, Texas
99 Red Sprint ST