Re: Both headlights

Hi Andreas,

On the 99 ST there's two "loose" connectors near the headlights. On the
right side there is two blue wires, each with a purple stripe. On the left
side there are two purple wires, each with a pink stripe. Both of the two
sets of wires end in a connector that goes nowhere.

Here's what you can do to get both headlights working simultaneously.

1) Buy two cable clamps that you use when you add the extra electrical wires
for a trailer hitch. (I can send you a picture of one if you'd like)( for
now, I'll send a pic to the upload section)

2) Take a drill, the same size as the opening in the side of the connector
and by hand take away the little plastic wall that stops a second wire from
passing all the way through the clamp.

3) Place the clamp around one of the sets of wires and with a pair of
plyers, press the two halves together until the metal shorting bar is flush
with the plastic body of the clamp.

4) Next, secure the clamp by closeing the plastic locking piece over the
plastic body until it clicks.

5) Take shrink tubing or electrical tape and seal the area around the clamp
so that the elements can't get to it.

6) Do the same with the other set of wires.

The whole thing takes about 5 minutes to do and you don't have to order any
"special" connector from Triumph. Simple and easy.

Hope you get to get to enjoy both you eyes real soon!

BTW - I just got my Black Widow back from her wrist pin operation. She's
running real smooth and there's not a bad sound to be heard. The nice part
is that Triumph is paying the whole bill.

In order to be old and experienced .... You first have to be young and
crazy!

Kyle Rocke
Stockholm Sweden
99 Sprint ST "Black Widow"