Blue Bulb

Blue bulbs seem to attract a lot of attention.  Looking at oncoming traffic, a blue headlamp sticks out among the white headlamps.  Problem:  Many local authorities consider them illegal.  The reasoning behind this is that "the color blue is for law enforcement vehicles only".   I see them on cars and bikes all of the time, in Houston (in Houston you see all kinds of crazy stuff like neon and other garbage to make a vehicle stand out), so maybe I could get away with it, who knows?  Try a headlight modulator with a blue bulb and you will have a blue strobe-like light...even getting closer to "impersonating law enforcement".  If I were you, I would ask around where you ride, and see a) if it is illegal, and b) if the law is enforced.  The ticket would not be a moving violation at least, but it would be a good waste of money being ticketed and having to throw your new blue bulb in the trash!!  I think they kind of look cool, but I wouldn't use them because it gives law enforcement another excuse to harass me.

Previously, you (James Lock) wrote:
> The 99 and 00 come with the same bulbs.  I have installed a 80/90 Blue Bulb

Educate me please.  Why would you want a blue headlight bulb?