Leather seat question

Oh knowledgeable denizens of the list:

Does anyone have a leather seat on their ST or any other bike?  I'm talking
with Sargeant about redoing my seat and am considering leather as I find
their other materials slippery.

Mark Todd said that leather will hold water and I ride in the rain a lot.
Anybody have any experience with this...is it just that the seat is damp?
Or does your a** get really really wet?  Vinyl seats tend to have little
puddles on them that you can't exactly get rid of if your bike's been
sitting out in the rain, so is it really that different?

Anybody who's had experience with leather seats and riding in the rain, I
would greatly appreciate your input!

Thanks!

- -Stephen

seh750@xxxxxxxxxxxxx