Re: turbo/rotors

Retherford, Martin wrote:

> Gents,
>
>         On another note, to the gent who was having a similar problem to
> mine with the front of their ride.  Spent 3 hours at the dealer today to
> discover the problem.  After new rotors, new pads and a lot of scratching of
> head, they still didn't know what was up.
> This trip would be the fourth time I had been in to the dealer for this
> problem.  Each time they told me it's the rotors, and that they were on
> order.  The decided to finally spin the wheel without the rotors after
> telling them several times it is not the brakes and 'I' not they noticed a
> very light deformation in the front tire.  The tire was removed and sure
> enough there was some form of separation of the plys internal to the tire.
> When I was taking a look at the inside of the tire there were two very deep
> tears in the internal rubber.  This was a manufacturers defect as was
> replaced with no fuss from the guys at the shop.
> I forget who had this same deal going on but get the tire checked ASAP.
> Real potential danger here.

Well, I've gotten the bike back. It was pouring down rain and I only got
aggresive with the brakes a couple of times. It looked and felt good. I've held
off reporting until I get some dry pavement and can give things a good running.
The upshot of all of this is that the steering stem adjustment needed another
tightening. We've seen the same thing on one of the 595's also locally.  We did
the rotor run-out and  degree wheel miced and also front tire inspection.
Everything checked out fine. Hopefully this is it. He got another 1/4 turn out
of   the nut. After the ark gets docked, I should have a better report ( all the
rivers in western Washington are either at flood watch or warning). Best
Regards, Steve.