Staintune Pipes

A further update on Staintune's progress for the ST pipe.

They have completed their work on the low-rise pipes and are going into
production this week.  I was told stocks could be at a dealer in Aus by
the end of this week if I ordered one.  The low pipe is "pannier friendly"
and is pointed up a bit more at the back (or so I'm told).  Still looking
at about 6hp increase in performance using the standard tune at around
6,500 to 7,000 rpm (where all that peak torque lives too).  They don't
have numbers using the "race" tune yet.

The high-rise pipes are a little way off (another couple of weeks) if you
want a steel one.  They are waiting on some re-tooling before they can go
into production of the short oval carbon cans for the high-rise
setups.  The steel high-rises are oval also but their tooling is fine
for those.  They are expecting mid Dec 1999 for high steel and Jan 2000
for high carbon.

Details and dyno's will be on the new web site.  The site currently looks
like crap and has the good ol' "under construction" banner on it.

The only down-side for me is that I've wanted a short, oval, carbon,
high-rise for my thing since Feb this year and it looks like I've still
got some waiting to do.

Bambi