Re: Leaking Fuel

At 11:00 AM 11/29/1999 +0100, Carlo Costanzo - SUN Italy wrote:
 >It was freezing cold and we found fog for more than half the way.
 >I had to ride with my visor up most of the time due to a crust of
 >ice that formed on it. But when the fog was up, it was beautiful.

Ice ? What's that ? ;-)

 >So, I got off the rear faring and found that it was in fact leaking
 >near where the hoses go into the tank. Upon investigation, I found
 >that an O-ring in one of those white snap-ons was brocken.
 >I changed it and thought that the problem was fixed but it wasn't.

A few people have had this on the T5 list with broken or crimped O rings.
The problem usually comes from the dealer not pressing in the release tab
as the connection is reinserted and the ring gets caught on the metal catch
damaging the o-ring.

 >Something is still leaking in the same area but I haven't been able
 >to identify exactly where.
 >Can those folks that had a similar problem please let me know what
 >their finding was and how it was fixed?

I am aware of three problems in that area. If anyone knows of more, please
let me know.
1 - the plastic elbow that comes out from the FI panel has a crack and fuel
leaks from that point.
2 - The crimp connector on the line from the elbow rubs on the line behind
it, putting a hole in the fuel line.
3 - Fuel leaks at the crimp connector.

Make sure that the lines are situated in a manner that does not put
pressure on any of quick disconnect fittings.

- - Eric