First Bike?

I am looking at buying my first bike.  I have glanced around at different bikes but
not really started looking seriously.  The Triumph Sprint ST caught my eye.  I just
wanted some thoughts and insight on it.  The only two bikes that I have actually
ridden are a Yamaha YZF and a Suzuki Bandit 1200.  Of those two, I felt much, much
more comfortable on the YZF.  I felt like I was waterskiing behind the Bandit.  The
first main question about the ST I have is the seating position.  I have heard many
reports of the confort of the bike for long term touring, but is the seating
position similar to that of the YZF (as far as body position)?  Also, I realize that
the Sprint is allot of bike - but is it too much for a realatively inexpirienced
rider that feels comfortable on a 600 YZF?  Thanks for any comments.

End of st-digest V1999 #313