Decals on Tank

Hello Listers:
	The decals on Triumphs are heavy 7 mil plastic with high tack adhesive on the
rear. The only way I have been able to remove them is to cut carefully around the edge
of the decal with a fresh, NEW (single edged) razor blade. Do not cut too deeply. You
then slide the edge of the blade under the clearcoat lifting and removing it. Next step is
to slowly stretch and lift the edge of the decal. I also use a bit of clean mineral spirit
(paint thinner) to soften the adhesive on the rear of the plastic decal. It is best to lightly
score every inch or so and lift the edges a bit to let the mineral spirit penetrate. Take
your time! The mineral spirit will remove all residue of the decal and WILL NOT
HURT the paint! I have done this on two tanks and two fairings (Trophy 900 and Sprint
Executive) Afterwards, you can wet sand, fill, repaint and clear.
	The fact is there is no easy manner to remove a decal on your tank (or anywhere)
that is under the clearcoat.

Howard Stephen Serlick
'00 ST Sapphire Blue...Today!