Rear brake pad information

I recently replaced the front and rear pads on my bike. The fronts lasted
18,500 miles and the rear was on the second set. The rear pad on the piston
side was VERY near total history. All I could get were EBC pads, since the
dealer was out of stock Triumph pads. When I replaced the rears, the pad
'away' from the piston, (the replacement pad), was put together backwards,
(my conclusion). It appeared the friction material was bonded to the wrong
side of the metal plate. I replaced the piston side pad, since it was so
close to gone, and kept the other pad to return to the dealer; The dealer is
over 100 miles away and it was late on Saturday. Got to the dealer about a
week later only to discover he had given me the pads for an old style (99?)
Sprint, and those pads are the same as a (99 Sprint ST?) only a mirror
image. Naturally this whole thing is somehow my fault, oh well, so now I buy
a second set of pads to get the one pad I need. Just a warning to check
carefully the pad you get for your 99/2000 Sprint versus the other 99
Sprint. Forewarned is forearmed. The EBC pads FA236 front are pretty
disappointing by the way. They are well bedded in now and are no where near
as good as stock for power or feel.

Paul & Dee