Re: So y'all just had to talk about batteries

"Leatherbiker" <leatherbiker@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> I just rang the workshop to find out (for the insurance people)
> how long the repairs are going to take.
> They said the bike is a write-off, and beyond repair.

Beyond economic repair, perhaps?

Plastic costs a fair bit, so do all those trivial bits and pieces. If
the front forks are bent, that'll be a huge sum.

> I'm flabbergasted - I genuinely thought 3/4 of it was still OK -
> not a scratch on the tank or the metal arms of the frame, that I
> could see at least, and yet it is apparently not worth the
> effort. Makes you wonder how easily they pass that verdict,
> doesn't it?
> Unless they mean that it's easier to scrap it for spares and
> offer me a new one.

If it's more than 2/3 the value of the bike, it's beyond economic
repair. You could do with finding out what the actual list of damage
is, and whether you could keep salvage on the bike (and maybe offer it
to me...).

- --
Mike Fleming