write-offs

> Beyond economic repair, perhaps?
Yeps, it was confirmed in the offer I received this morning from
the dealer.

> Plastic costs a fair bit, so do all those trivial bits and
pieces. If
> the front forks are bent, that'll be a huge sum.
>

> If it's more than 2/3 the value of the bike, it's beyond
economic
> repair. You could do with finding out what the actual list of
damage
> is, and whether you could keep salvage on the bike (and maybe
offer it
> to me...).

Seriously though, folks, I have been told that the normal
procedure in the UK, or with this dealer, is that you can
contact your insurance co. and ask to have the old bike back.
They then deduct the value of the knackered bike (usually
£6-800, says dealer) from your big fat cheque for the new one.
but it depends on individual ins. cos., apparently.

Why, are you definitely interested - or is anyone else in the UK
interested in cannibalizing my poor, defenceless black ST for
salvageable organs? If so, drop me a line sharpish.

Tim

PS, the estimate wasn't itemized, though I might be able to get
hold of one later.

End of st-digest V1999 #244