Re: So y'all just had to talk about batteries

"Leatherbiker" <leatherbiker@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> nobody has mentioned keeping the bike - assume it's going for
> spares and xenotransplants to some lucky MZ owner.
> I can ask - but isn't it legally the property of the insurance
> co. now?

Depends if they've paid you for it and had the V5.

Damaged repairable bikes can be quite an economical way to get bikes,
and keeping the salvage on a bike means (if it's not an utter and
complete wreck) that it can be put back on the road for a reasonable
amount.

A Sprint ST isn't the best bike to salvage at the moment, because
there won't be a huge supply of parts in breakers. Older Triumphs are
good material though.

> What is cut through? Dunno, mate!
> As far as I could tell, the electrics were all still working, so
> no major cabling was.
> The external panelling on leftside and front is all knackered,
> and most of the front and forks dented or smashed.

The biggest problem is if the frame has been bent. T5 frames can be
straightened if they're a little bit tweaked, but I don't know about
the ST frame.

- --
Mike Fleming