12,000 mile Service

I had this done to my bike this week.  Two valves were slightly out of
spec, but they were not going in towards the head and needed larger
shims.  I forgot to ask him which ones.

Richard had also mentioned to them that my bike was using more oil than
his.  On our 4200 mile trip, his used about 1/8th of a quart and mine
used the rest.  While the mechanic said that this was not too bad, he
thinks it is a possibililty that my bike has some bad valve stem seals.
He wants me to bring it back when I can leave it for a while so he can
check this out (under warranty)!  It will have to be after next weekend
because we take the Advanced Rider course next Saturday.  It will work
out great then because we have a family reunion to go to out of town the
weekend after that and since we are the "bringers of the kegs" (for a
large German family), we can't ride the bikes.  Can't you just imagine
both STs, each with a keg strapped to the back rack ;-))?  Hum, maybe we
ought to try . . . . ;-)))

Lisa & Richard White
Houston, Texas
1999 Red Sprint ST (x2)