Lurker No More

Greetings All,

My name is Mark Tuttle and I don't have a Triumph Sprint ST  but I am
seriously considering one after this morning's test ride.  Having had a
Range Rover ten years ago I swore that I'd never buy anything mechanical
from England again, but the Sprint ST seems well put-together.  I did
notice the heat coming onto my legs and thighs but it wasn't noticible
above 55 and the temperature indicator hardly got above the line above
'C'.  The fuel guage was wacky......when I started my ride the guage
showed just above half and within 50 mile was in the red of empty.  When
I fueled up with the bike on the center stand I put in 4.2 gallons and
the guage stayed on full for the remaining fifty miles.  Running by the
tripometer is evidently the thing to do.

I was amazed at the smoothness of the power and the width of the torque
band.  Several times I found myself in fourth on freeway sections doing
80.  I only ran the bike up to 110 but it seemed quite steady and
willing to give more.  No complaints from my wrists or back, but my aged
and much-repaired knee seemed to need an occasional stretch.

So all in all I'm trying to decide whether to buy the black  May-built
99 on the floor or wait for the 2000 red due in this month or the yellow
RS due in late January.  Evidently the RS is about 30lbs lighter and
will list at $9499.   The pictures I saw from the dealer visit last
weekend really make the RS look quite nice (especially with the lower
belly spoiler attached), although with lower bars and screen I'm not
sure I'd want to travel hundereds of miles.

My wife will want me to get rid of the R1100RT....she's just not a bike
person and can't understand the differences between the machines.
Anybody have cheap storage nearby??

Best Wishes,

Mark Tuttle
Tucson, AZ