Re: Explanation please!

Blake Sobiloff wrote:

> "Ritchie, Norman W." wrote:
> >
> > Y'all refer to "squids" and their diverse antics.
> >
> > Where does this term come from? Does it just refer to young kids on large
> > sports bikes?
>
> Neil pretty much hit it on the head. I'd add that the typical riding
> attire for a squid is a full-face helmet, tank top or t-shirt, shorts,
> and flip flops.

ROTFL  Small addition -- the helmet will be a racer replica AND they think that
after 50 miles of riding (most of which is smoking cages off the line at red
lights) they think that they are ready for the real thing. . .   No worries,
they provide us with cheap parts (except plastic and fork which they destroy in
their first crash).

> There used to be a pretty amusing collection of squid
> pictures and stories at <http://www.squidlys.com/>, but that site's
> currently undergoing some sort of renovation.

Go easy on squidly's..  They aren't really squids (in the typical definition).
They poke more fun at posing and squids than anyone I know.  Plus Moike is a
pretty darned good rider.

- -ch  (who STILL hasn't purchase his ST....  but continues to lurk)