RE: Leaking bag

> At 05:31 PM 10/03/1999 -0400, Paul Steinbacher wrote:
>  >Well I finally got around to looking for where the pannier was leaking.
>  >snip<
>  >it and the problem could come back again at some point. It
> consists of about
>  >5 or 6 small holes right now.
>
> Paul - are these depressions, cracks or actual holes ? Does it look like
> deterioration or a bad seal from the start ?
>
> - Eric

They were areas where it looks like someone applied a bead of sealant/glue
and a gap was left in the sealant. Guess my only real concern is that the
bags did not leak for the previous 8,000 miles or 5 months then something
changed that, possibly our first exposure to cold weather going up Pikes
Peak or over some of the northern passes. I sealed it last night using a
silicone gasket material in preparation for the trip this week. I'll keep an
eye on it and post any changes.

Paul & Dee