Tall Wind Screen Install Tips

Well I got my tall wind screen this weekend and I wanted to pass along a
few tips on installing it. One would think it's easy and it is if you know
what to expect ahead of time. Since I now know here goes:
First make sure that you have seven new "well nuts" these are pressed into
the holes on the windscreen that the screws that hold it to the fairing
screw into. I found that it is about impossible to get the old ones out to
reuse in the new windscreen, also the wind screen only uses six well nuts
but get one extra you may trash one and believe  me they are a PITA to get
( these are not a common fastener) But all is not as easy as it seems.
First these well nuts are really HELL nuts they are very hard to get
through the holes in the screen. So to make this a less painful process
before even trying to insert them take a drill bit that is a bit smaller (
or a small round file) and very slightly, and I mean very slightly open the
hole. If you see material being removed that's too much! Next lube the well
nuts with wd 40 to help them slide through the holes. It also helps to have
a 5 mm bolt to thread into the well nut to help pull it through.  Also I
found that most likely your local Triumph dealer will not have the well
nuts in stock, big surprise. But not to fear it seems that Ducati uses the
same 5mm well nuts for some things on their bikes so try a local Ducati
dealer if your Triumph guys doesn't have them. Well that's about it , mine
is now on and I'm hoping it does what I expect... keep some wind off me for
the cold months. It does look a lot different than the low stock one, but
hell form does follow function.

Erik