Throttlemeisters, top boxes and drops.

I want a throttlemeister. How much?
I ordered the whole 3 bag setup when I bought my bike, and today when I went
to have it installed (8 weeks after I got the bike) the shop tells me that I
need a rack for the top box. That pissed me off pretty good, getting screwed
for an extra $150.00. Anyone have a similar experience?
I think drops are unavoidable folks, please ride sensibly and stay lucky.
Also, I would really like to get a searchable archive set up for this list.
It is full of great info. but a real pain in the ass to sort through. I
would rather just search the archives for "throttlemeister" than waste
bandwidth asking you good people to repeat yourself for my benefit. TIA.
Stuart Mumford
99 Sprint ST