Re: Speed Touring

As far as i know the new 955 Speed Triples ahve the same 108PS engine as the ST. The differences are multiple, but come down to higher spec suspension, different geometry and a stiffer frame; I sold my 509 to a friend here and rode it a few weeks ago - it was a real shock to get back on it; made the ST feel very smooth but lardy and completely without feedback from either front or rear.... could explain the spate of accidents recently?  It felt like you could push the 509 10-20% more through turns where the ST just became too vague to trust; I love the ST still, but the suspension could do with an upgrade. Has anyone had it revalved?
cheers
Jonathan

>>> "David Arnett" <DArnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 04/10/99 21:34:23 >>>
Does anyone out there know the differences between the new Speed Triple's engine and the ST.  I know that it is somewhere between the Daytona and the ST.  I think it has the same crank and pistons as the ST, but different cams and mapping, right?  I rode a buddy's Speed Triple over the weekend and it made my ST feel like Gold Wing.  I know weight, suspension, and frame geometry has a bit to do with this also, but I was impressed!   A real Hooligan bike I must say, but not near as comfortable as my ST.