RE: Y2K ST and Race Can

Here's some help.    I got my Y2K ST form Dunbar Eurosport in Brockton Mass.   (they have a web site http://www.dunbareurosports.com/

Anyway Tom (@ Dunbar) originally had trouble downloading into my bike.  The story goes that Triumph put in a new, smaller in physical size, electronic control for Y2K.  And this new control requires some >>different<< access code to enable downloading.   After calling Triumph (and Tom says they were very helpful) all went smoothly.   Except for the gas guage thing.   He did a second tune download to get that going.   The one I have in there now is labeled "1007"   .

It runs fine, although there is a little black smoke if you rev it while it is still cold. (Maybe within a minute of starting.)    I had been getting in the neighborhood of 50 MPG before this last tune.   I'll have to check to see if it has changed.  Tank is almost empty again.

I hope this helps.