MCN long term test

In MCN this week (6th Oct) there's a report on the long term test Sprint
ST.

This particular update includes his testing on a dyno with a Carbon
Fibre vs Stock Pipe. He was surprised, as was I, that the Carbon Fibre
pipe, with the appropriate race tune showed a loss of about 7 bhp vs the
Stock pipe.

They checked the EFI unit and checked the tune and could find no reason.
They asked Triumph who also expressed their surprise saying that they
hadn't seen this before.

I just have the standard pipe for now, but was thinking of changing to
the Carbon Fibre one when this one gets a bit more worn. I was a bit
concerned about reports on this list about increased fuel consumption
with the race tune, this story only adds to this.

Hopefully theirs is just a one off case.

Antony
Edinburgh
Blue ST