From: Mike Fleming [mailto:mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 1999 4:07 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Louder horn,cheap and easy upgrade

"Retherford, Martin" <MRetherford@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Any body know what the resistance of the horn is?  You will need to match
> this if you move to a relay for a new horn.

Oh, if only life were that simple...

You're neglecting the inductance in the horns. As the horn contact
breaks, a large inductance (though it may be the same resistance as a
smaller inductance) will create a larger spark across the contacts. I
assume that horns work by some application of a coil and magnet to
produce movement of some other bit, anyway.

- --
Mike Fleming