Re Dropped ST

Sorry I'm on the digest so this may already be in heavy discussion.

<<I have left several messages with Intuit --- they finally responded once
and
said that they were interested in considering making some frame sliders for
the ST and then indicated that the price might be as high as $89-99 U.S.
I told them this was fine, and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

I'm assuming the reason why the price is twice that of their other products
is they don't expect to sell as many, or because it's a 1st run.  Their web
page shows they are working on a set for the VFR800, I don't see that much
of a difference in the 2 groups in size and ride style.  You can tell them
that atleast 1 other person is interested in them.  Maybe they'd give a
group discount?  Not expecting it. :)

Looking at the way the fairing bulges out way beyond the frame, it looks as
though the frame sliders would have to be 6" long if they attached to the
frame, or is there somthing solid under the fairing that they could be
screwed to?
<<
The bulges are about as bad as some of the bike they show as examples on the
web page, from what I can see.  Those who have dropped their bikes will know
that the upper back screw for the fairing pannel, what looks like a great
place for one, really goes into a flimsy bracket that bends real easy so
that is a no go.  Any where else doesn't seem to be a good place, without
cutting holes and making brackets.  A freind suggested a tube style bar from
a mount on the bottom of the swingarm pivot running up the side at an angle
to the pre-mentioned motor mount.  I didn't think that would go well with
the lines, and if going down while moving it may be a new piviot point
causing the bike to slide more on it's top.