Re: Top box for chickens

 >At 12:24 PM 10/08/1999 -0500, Jack Hays wrote:
 >	Hey, what's this with chickens?
 >	Eric, you only had beer in yours. You could have rode it through Texas
 >on the way to Eureka Springs and we would have had roasted chicken and
 >beer instead of pizza. Better planning the next time wild rat.

Sorry - I'll try harder next time ;-) Maybe I should put a thermal lining
in, split the box in two and then I could have one side hot and the other cold.

Actually though back to the original post, I had in the top box on the
Rallye trip:

Second Visor (carry tinted and clear)
Bike Cover
Rain suit (in case of monsoons - otherwise I just ride through)
Tools (with everything possibly needed except an 8mm socket - sorry Dennis....)
Spare oil
Chain Lube
Big Ass bike chain and lock
Cleaner
Some rags for cleaning the bike (so I don't ruin any hotel towels...)
Spare headlight bulb
Quick set metal epoxy
35mm Camera (full size)
Service Manual
HP Jornada Handheld PC

and a bunch of other stuff that you only pack because you have the room

In Key West we used it strictly for the helmets - pulled the side boxes to
make it easier to park (lots of bikes). The nice thing about using the
topbox was that when we got back on the bike when the rain subsided, our
helmets were not full of water.

Today, coming to work, I used the topbox for my laptop and files that I
carry everywhere.

Of course, once you reach your destination, you can dump all that stuff out
and fill it with beer ;-) I got two cases (of 24) in without problem -
stacked properly I think the box is good for 3 to 4 cases ......

- - Eric

- - Eric