Mods

Howdy all!

I just wanted to report on a recent modification I made to the tank bag.
First let me say IMHO that the rain cover storage area should go towards the
front (sorry to go there again).  This is not the way the dealer installed
it though.  It looks obvious to me that it goes this way due to the shape of
the pad and the tank not to mention the direction each tie down is sewn to
the pad (straight goes under the seat and angled to go around the frame up
front).

To move on I disliked the idea of the pad staying on the bike when I had the
tank bag off.  Way too ugly.  So per one of y'alls recommendations I took
the bag to a local upholstery shop and asked them to add quick connects to
the harness.  Now I can take the bag with pad off easily and quickly
whenever I want.  It looks much cleaner now with or without the tank bag.

Also, I have removed the belly pan and fixed the heat problem.  The bike
still looks great and I am not baking when I ride.  It is starting to cool
off (only 80s and 90s now in Dallas) but I doubt I will reinstall the belly
pan until it is considerably cooler.

Cheers!
Jay

1999 Sprint ST black