Re: New dreaded list member

> Today I go to get my baby from the shop. None of the scratched bits have
> been tended to (waiting on a decision from the gambling parlor
> (insurance company) however my new brake pedal came in yesterday.
>
> I ordered the pedal last Saturday and the parts department sent in the
> order on Monday morning. I called yesterday (Friday) afternoon and it
> had arrived. The gent at the parts counter was surprised that it came in
> so fast. When I ordered the part he told me that it would be one to two
> weeks. He told me that while Triumph of Canada is being phased out parts
> orders have been screwed up. Sometimes a double order will arrive.
> Sometimes no order. I must be a lucky one!
>
> As the saga with the gambling parlor unfolds I will keep this list
> informed.

I think the parts screw up is probably due to the Triumph UK software
that the've given to dealers (at least my dealer).  I think that UK
mixed up their test orders and real orders :(  My dealer has received
parts ordered with the software before he even had it installed and
he had no internet connection at that point !

The software itself is not too bad but I don't know why they decided
not to go with a full blown WEB application but a half custom/half
web piece.  A Stock or parts file must be downloaded every day (or each
day that the software is going to be used) according to the instruction
manuals :(  A waste of bandwidth if you ask me...

sorry for the non-ST reply
- --
Robert-Andre Croteau	BSD,MOTU		robert@xxxxxxx
Services Conseils Informatiques MOTU Inc. 	robert@xxxxxxx
(514) 465-3057					rcroteau@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.motu.ca/                             http://www.bb4.com
	Si le bonheur ne s'achete pas alors louez le.

End of st-digest V1999 #256