Re: 99 vs 00

At 03:38 PM 10/09/1999 -0400, TXToday@xxxxxxx wrote:
 >We never did get a list from Triumph on what changes/improvements have been
 >made for 2000.  Mirrors, computer, ???

Well, I haven't seen an official list, but as far as I know the only major
change is the replacement of the Sagem S2000 ECM with the smaller S1000
ECM. General consensus is that it became necessary to use this on one of
the new bikes (maybe the 600), so the decision was made to put this in all
the models. From speaking with my dealer today, the 1000 also uses two
wiring harness (1 for motor and 1 for everything else) - the old system
used 1 monster harness.

The cockpit subframe has been strengthened to reduce mirror vibration. I
have some general sketches of what I saw, but need to clean them up and
then I will put it up on the site.

They only thing I meant to check and forgot was to look at the shifter and
brake and see if they are the same as the 2000 T5's

- - Eric