From: Bruce McCurdy [mailto:bmccurdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 1999 1:30 PM
To: 'ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: CA emissions controls

Has anybody converted their CA spec bike to a 49 state model (i.e., removed
the extra crap)?  I'd be interested in taking this step, but am concerned
about my lack of experience in this area.  I am under the impression that
this is a simple process on some bikes and much more complicated on others,
depending on the CA spec mods.

I know that the CA mods on my '98 Trident essentially emasculated the poor
bike (from a stated 98 HP to an anemic 77 HP).  So much so that rather than
reverse engineer it, I traded it in for the Sprint after only a few months.

*****************
Bruce McCurdy
'99 Black Sprint ST
www.1StopTools.com
SF Bay Area

Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 18:04:03 -0400
From: Eric Sheley <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>

The CA bikes have the emissions canister on the top side and then the
headers have a catalytic convertor brick in the collector (where the 3
pipes come together).

- - - Eric