Re: Scottoiler Install

Just a couple of comments on the Scottoiler installation.  I didn't remove my gas tank and just tipped it backwards after placing an old towel between the back edge of the tank and the frame.  I supported the front edge of the tank with a short piece of 2x4 placed between the front frame and the front edge of the tank.  This provided plenty of space to remove the airbox and get at the vacuum hose, and allowed me to keep all the fuel lines connected.  I also didn't have to worry about hoisting the half full tank out of the frame and finding a safe place to put it to prevent damage.
  Once you get the oiler properly adjusted there will be no fling at all.  Once in a while you may get a drop or two off the front sprocket cover but it really is a nice, clean running system.  I've turned mine down to 1 drop/min. and this seems to work very well.  The chain stays moist on both sides and I haven't had to adjust the chain since the oiler installation.

Dan