Re: Helmet preference

     As has already been said, which ever helmet you feel most comfortable
     in is the best for you. Plain and simple.

     Quality wise,
     I've had one Arai which was nicely finished but overly noisy. Also,
     while the paint looked good it wasn't particularly durable. I gave it
     away after two months of being deafened by wind noise.

     The shoei RF range are really good. Top quality finish and they are
     nice and quite. I've had two and still have one as a second/spare lid.
     ventilation is excellent and the seatbelt type catch on the chin strap
     is very easy to use. They are however slightly heavier that the
     equivalent Arai.

     I now have the Dianese Ergon Race lid. The finish is excellent, the
     lining is removable for cleaning and fit adjustment. The mechanism for
     removing the visor is the simplest and quickest I've ever seen and
     best of all, the red one is a really close match for Triumph Tornado
     red. It also seems impervious the 'head wobbles' that I used to get at
     speed in the Arai.

     Martin
     Dublin, Ireland