RE: 12,000 mi. tuneup?

Your dealer is Pro Italia, right? I like going there, but I cannot see
paying their service rate, nor do I see the value of some of the 12,000 mile
checks (especially changeing the fork oil) on a 5 month old bike, so I did
my 12,000 mile maintenance myself [1]. You can buy a lot of tools for
$600.00. BTW, my valves were all spot-on for this one (14,300 miles).

[1] Well, I still need to let them adjust the CO level and check the ECM,
but that ain't going to cost $600.00!

End of st-digest V1999 #260