New Lister

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF1619.3A2C1828

Hello one and all

I'm new to the Triumph owning game and new to the list. Got an Ex Demo
Sprint ST in Black in august.
Had to have the bitch trailered back from the Forest of Dean 'cos of an
electrical problem with frayed wiring under the headstock. The dealer said
he'd never heard of it before but the rest of the world and their dogs seem
to have. Any how it's fixed with a new ignition switch and cable.

I swapped a Ducati ST2 and Yamaha XV1100 for the Trumpet, mainly 'cos the
Duke was a bit fragile in the electrical dept. Lady pillion is a bit
impressed with my buying decisions at the moment.

Took the Trumpet on a track exercise at Cadwell after stiffening the
suspenders to the "fat Bastard" setting and it went like a steam train.

Had BT57's on which lasted about 6k miles but were squared off . Well they
would be, being an ex demo wouldn't they.

Put a harder MEZ4 on the rear for the Cadwell bash and it were reet tasty.

On the Scott Oiler thread, I got a Touring model, dealer fitted to the Duke
from new and no one mentioned the warranty issue. Used it for a trip down to
Misano for the World Ducati Weekend. 3000 miles in pouring rain and the
Scott Oiler was perfect. Only complaint is all the oil that goes every where
else but the chain.

I've not got one fitted to this bike and I can't say that my biking has
taken a turn for the worst. The bikes certainly easier to clean.

Ian Haigh

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF1619.3A2C1828

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>New Lister</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Hello one and all</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">I'm new to the Triumph owning game =
and new to the list. Got an Ex Demo Sprint ST in Black in august. =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Had to have the bitch trailered back =
from the Forest of Dean 'cos of an electrical problem with frayed =
wiring under the headstock. The dealer said he'd never heard of it =
before but the rest of the world and their dogs seem to have. Any how =
it's fixed with a new ignition switch and cable.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">I swapped a Ducati ST2 and Yamaha =
XV1100 for the Trumpet, mainly 'cos the Duke was a bit fragile in the =
electrical dept. Lady pillion is a bit impressed with my buying =
decisions at the moment.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Took the Trumpet on a track exercise =
at Cadwell after stiffening the suspenders to the &quot;fat =
Bastard&quot; setting and it went like a steam train.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Had BT57's on which lasted about 6k =
miles but were squared off . Well they would be, being an ex demo =
wouldn't they.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Put a harder MEZ4 on the rear for the =
Cadwell bash and it were reet tasty.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">On the Scott Oiler thread, I got a =
Touring model, dealer fitted to the Duke from new and no one mentioned =
the warranty issue. Used it for a trip down to Misano for the World =
Ducati Weekend. 3000 miles in pouring rain and the Scott Oiler was =
perfect. Only complaint is all the oil that goes every where else but =
the chain.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">I've not got one fitted to this bike =
and I can't say that my biking has taken a turn for the worst. The =
bikes certainly easier to clean.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><B><I><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Ian =
Haigh</FONT></I></B>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>