Re: ST & Speed Triple. . . Yes Red and Green!

Paul/Dee:

Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been out of pocket (had to take
advantage of the last couple of decent days here in Northern Illinois, got a
ticket for my trouble too (that's another story))

The ST is indeed RED (I've heard they do come in other colors, but it's so
much easier to get arrested on this one)  And as stated above, the S3 is
green.

For what's supposed to be the "same" motor, the S3 feels as if it has less
flywheel and reves quicker (although that may simply be the 17T front
sprocket that came standard on the 2000 S3 (may be standard size on previous
years too).  The S3 is lighter feeling (it's the bars) and turns quicker
(bars).  It also appears that front tire wear will be minimal, as it's
rarely on the pavement (rear tire wear however, could be excessive).  The
stock BT56 tires are squidgy as hell!

We all know the ST story. . .   Stable, staid and the best bike I (most of
us) ever owned.  Aside from the two speeding tickets over the last six weeks
(bike's fault, not mine!), I have no complaints.  Can anyone recommend a
radar detector?

Mortgage the Dog and Cat (kids too...  Heck, they don't need to go to
college!)  Buy the S3, the perfect accessory for your ST.

Mark Gibson
ST, S3 and old R100RT