Names and high screen.

     Well guys,

     This weekend, in between watching Ferrari throw away the world
     championship, I started getting my ST ready for the winter (we've had
     two sub zero nights already). All the luggage went on and I fitted the
     high screen.

     So far my impressions of the screen are totally positive...........,
     in so far as, I 'positively' hate it! Contrary to what I expected, I
     haven't  experienced any discernible increase in wrist pressure so I
     guess I don't carry my weight on my arms. However the turbulence over
     the screen for my 5' 11" is totaly uncomfortable. As for the
     cosmetics. YEUCH! It reminds me of an old Ariel and makes the bike
     look bloated at the front.

     My ST was christened 'ENTERPRISE' by my buddies this weekend. As in
     "It looks as big as the Fu**ing Starship Enterprise!" The brand new
     Triumph screen is coming straight off at my next opportunity and I'll
     learn to live with the icy wind blast. I may try trimming the flip up
     from the screen to give me a higher than normal screen without making
     the bike look like a TL1000R in reverse.

     I've also purchassed the heated grips. I know a few people have fitted
     these themselves so is there anything I should know, in addition to
     the instructions, before doing the installation.

     Martin
     Dublin, Ireland

     '99 Sprint ST      (Enterprise)
     '97 TL1000S        (Grease Spot)