Dragon tires, and cracked pipes, personnel opinions

Steve,
So how are you liking the Dragons after getting a while on them? Any idea
what caused the crack in the pipe?
<<

The front was alittle spooky at first, it took alot longer to get it
scrubbed in and comfortable.  I actually caused it to howl a bit at about
30mph when a car almost pulled out in front of me and I had to really get on
the brakes, only had about 150 miles on the tire at the time.  They were
originally acting like they had steps of angle on them, you push over to one
lean angle and it would stay there and track fine, but it would take a
little more effort to get it to lean over further, if you wanted to go
deeper.  It didn't seem to be a smooth transfer from one angle to the next.
That has improved since I jacked up the presure from 30.5 to 36psi, the tire
shows a max of 42 and Triumph recomends 36. Two tires put on by different
shops(Rear in Fayettville front in Saint Louis), and both chose to put the
same pressure in the tire, weird!  They are still slower turning than the
Bridgestones, but have a more consistant grip now as they warm up.  I rode
about 100 miles in a good rain 2 weekends ago and they felt very good.  They
are very stable at speed on the interstate.  In a good side wind the
Bridgstones would feel like they wanted to tuck in alittle, not the Dragons.

The pipe is a bit of a mystery to me.  It's cracking the pipe starting at
the bracket, it may have been caused by lose bolts in the can mount, haven't
checked them myself.  I do remember someone at the Rallye saying the can
seemed to be moving around alot.  I should have taken that as a hint and
checked it, but I had to play 'road dog, go dog' and just pass it off as
wiggle from the longer bag mount.