Re: New subscribers

At 04:09 PM 10/19/1999 -0700, flysaab (Mike Kindelin) wrote:
 > Thanks for the welcome. I am new to the world of Triumphs and need
 >some advice about the relative merits of some different models. I am
 >looking at the 99 ST, an older (96) Daytona or waiting for the new
 >Sprint RS due out early next year. I realize this list is heavily biased
 >towards the ST, but what the thoughts concerning the other 2? I rode a

You're right - I think we are just a little biased here toward the ST.

The RS on the plus side, is cheaper and has a half fairing (great if you
live in the southern climes), but on the negative, it lacks a hard luggage
option. I couldn't live without mine now that I have them, so the RS would
be out for me.

The 96 Daytona is really a different bike all together.

 >97 Daytona with Heli-bars and the riding position wasn't too severe. Can
 >the latest tunes be downloaded to older versions of the fuel injection
 >to match the high perf pipes?

Don't confuse the 97 T595 Daytona with the 96 Daytona. The 96 is a non fuel
injected (and therefore no computer) T3 model (like the old Sprint) and was
offered in a 900 and 1200cc model. In 97 the 900cc model was replaced with
the T595 (now a 955i).

- - Eric