Re: Settings

Ian Haigh wrote:

> I also found I had to increase both front and rear settings on the ST
> from delivery. Neither myself nor Lady Pillion are lightweights nor do
> I ride particularly hard but it was floppy to say the least.
>
> Better now but forthcoming points on licence may curb all that anyway

My bike came set up soft and I recently readjusted all the settings to
the firm. I weigh in on the upper side of 240 and only do rare two up
riding.

On the highway you don't notice much of a difference. On the back roads
I take it is definitely harsher. I haven't done enough miles to decide
if I need to back off the rebound or preloads from the current settings.

The front end dive when stopping has decreased nicely.  Previously it
would compress the front considerable. When you were fully stopped and
released the front it would rise 3-4 inches. The soft front may have
contributed to the premature/quick lockup of the rear wheel under
emergency or hard breaking I had experienced. I haven't had a chance to
test that out yet :).

- --
                                                    _
Neil Halbert                  _/_/_/ _/   _/  _/_/ '_) EMC Corporation
email: halbert@xxxxxxx       _/--/  _/ -'_/ _/     /__ 171 South Street
voice: (508) 435-1000 x1232 _/_/_/ _/   _/  _/_/       Hopkinton, MA 01748