Starting Problems

Once again the bike has failed to start. I have been
suffering problems since buying the Bike in April with
it failing to start because of a flat battery. This
has happened 5 times now. I now try to start the bike
in the Garage before getting dressed to ride...
The dealer has looked at it 3 times and on the last
ocassion replaced the Battery.

    Yesterday however it started OK but after 40 miles
I stopped for Fuel and it wouldn't start again....just
click..click..click. and oddly the speedo kept
flicking up to about 70mph in time with the clicking.

I do have an Alarm fitted, a Triumph Datatool (fitted
by the Dealer) which will put a drain on the Battery
but I don't believe should flatten it after 6 days.
(less than 3mA)

I am still waiting to try and speak to the Mechanics
but the Service dept. suggestion has been that the
Triumphs are prone to this with an Alarm fitted and I
should consider using an OPTIMATE to maintain the
charge.

Not an acceptable option in my view.

Mark

EMAIL: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx