Re: MEZ4s

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Thomas Emberson wrote:

> Anyway, I have ridden a newer VFR, not impressed, IMHO Sprint is
> much better, but then again, no real twisties on either.

I've owned both the VFR 800 and an ST (the ST replaced the Veefer after an
ugly accident - we went to hospital and the bike went to the tip).  The
Honda is a great bike for S/T type riding although the torque and midrange
of the Sprint makes it a much better choice.  I always wondered why the
Veefer wasn't a 900 but then I guess it starts competing against other
bikes in the Honda range.

Comfort is good on both machines, and they perform well enough to keep up
with the sports-freaks under road conditions.  Points against the Honda
would be

	o Lack of midrange finds you riding higher up the tacho all the
	  time which isn't my cup of tea.

	o Riding two-up requires a lot more gear work than on the ST
	  once again due to the torque and midrange

	o The gear driven noise was bloody annoying after a while

	o The linked brakes don't appeal to everyone

	o The ST has a nicer, smoother styling IMHO

The short story is that I thought the Honda was the best bike I'd ever
owned, but I replaced it with an ST when I broke it.

Bambi