Re: New member

RDZTXI@xxxxxxx wrote:

> My pillion rider complains that her right foot is on fire from the heat of
> the exhaust, is there anything we can do about that?  The silencer is in the
> lower position for the pannier bags and it still is hot.

Well, Lance might advocate just cutting off her foot, but that seems a
bit drastic to me. I'd just make sure to keep your speed above 100 MPH
at all times; that should provide sufficient airflow around that area to
keep things cool. :-) (Don't worry, Phil, you'll get used to our weird
humor soon enough!)

Seriously, though, I take it you're running the stock can? I can't
remember anyone else complaining about it. Is your pillion wearing
motorcycling boots, or is she wearing something thinner? Maybe you could
rig a little heat shield to hang a couple of inches below the peg and
deflect some heat?

> And what is the
> correct oil level in the sight glass?  My dealer says at the top with just a
> little air bubble, the manual say midway between the lines...who should I
> believe?

My dealer does the same as yours and it hasn't caused any problems yet
(1600 (s)miles and counting). I wouldn't worry about it as long as you
can see at least a bit of an air bubble at the top.

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG LLP