Re: tank bags

Previously, you (David Arnett) wrote:
> I am thinking about getting a tank bag.  I am tired of memorizing my
> maps and having to stuff my jacket with "stuff" when riding 2-up.
> Does anyone out there have any strong recommendations, or have gotten
> bags that are a total nuisance? I may be getting a "luggage rack".

A lot of people swear by RKA.  I couldn't find one when I went looking,
but I found a nice Tour Master that will zip-expand when needed.  I have
carried (at the same time): spare shield, one-piece rain suit, baseball
cap, gallon jug of milk, dozen eggs, garage door opener, miscellaneous
junk.  I also travel permanently with 4 maps.

> Are they worth the trouble?

Most definately if you don't have luggage.  If you have luggage and only
need something to hold maps I wonder if there are other, simpler options
though.

- --
Bill Flowers
Clearwater FL