Mixing tires

	I know everyone likes to run the same brand of tire front and rear.
And, the manufacture does also. Wonder if it could be extra tire sales?
Anyway my two cent on this are that you need tires that are matched in
height and profile to work together with approximately the same
stickiness. Just because the number on the carcass states 180/55x17
doesn't mean the tire is the same dimensions as another manufacture. On
the other hand in dirt bike racing we mismatch front and rears tires
based on what works best in what type conditions. Confusing? Yes it is
sometimes. Be careful and feel the handling out when you mismatch front
and rear tires but I believe that in most cases you will be all right as
long as you pay attention to what your doing. Just my opinion. Why throw
away a really good front at 3,000 miles when the rear has gone south? I
am currently running the front stock Bridgestone BT57 with an Azaros on
the rear. Through out the rallye and now 3,5000 miles later I can find
no hard evidence that I'm doing something wrong. The rear is really good
and has outworn the original with what looks like two to three times the
life expectancy left.
- --
Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
Raytheon TI Systems Company
Voice Number: 972-952-5065
'99 Triumph Sprint ST "Merlin"

"I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"