RE Tank bags

> I am thinking about getting a tank bag.  I am tired of memorizing my
> maps and having to stuff my jacket with "stuff" when riding 2-up.
> Does anyone out there have any strong recommendations, or
> have gotten bags that are a total nuisance?

I've used both RKA and Wolfman strap-type tank bags (the Sprint's
plastic tank making the preferable magnetics unworkable). Both
are quality pieces, available in a range of sizes. I prefer the Wolfman
as the material on the bottom of the bag stabilizes it, preventing the
bag from sliding around on the tank when cornering or is crosswinds.
Also, it can be cleaned to get any grit off. The fleece material on
the bottom of the RKA bag allows the bag to move around and can
trap dirt. On one trip, I forgot to fasten the front clips on my Wolfman
and it stayed in place until my next stop. And I was moving right
along...

I seldom ride without a tank bag anymore, even for short trips. It's
great for carrying sundries such as rain gear, cameras, glasses,
water, visor cleaner, radar detector, and whatever else you feel
is necessary for successful riding. I've even made weekend trips
with only the tankbag, carrying extra clothes, etc.