Re: two bros slip on

I would have to agree with you there.  I was attracted to the ST motor being tuned more for lower/midrange torque (where I do most of my riding).  If I needed more higher up, I would have gotten the Daytona.  I am still on the stock silencer, and unfortunately I have grown to enjoy its whisper.  The last thing I want is to attract unwanted attention from law enforcement when my right hand gets excited!  I, among the rest of us, would like to see the ST's full potential, but I do not want a lot more noise or problems with running the wrong map.  As I understand, there are only two maps, one for the stock pipe, and the other for the Triumph "noisy" pipe...each of which is being "updated" as time rolls on.  There may be "aftermarket" tunes being developed for specific pipes, but I have not a clue.  Putting any old pipe on the ST and running the Triumph "noisy pipe" tune may not be the answer.  I believe that a fuel map has to be designed specifically for a certain pipe, and that anything other would not be the full potential of the engine/pipe combination.  Sure, the dyno numbers may improve at certain RPM's, but it couldn't possibly be best that it could be.  We are getting into a whole can of worms here, because pipes can be developed to build better power midrange vs. top range, etc... and the aftermarket pipe manufacturer wants to advertise the highest numbers (obtainable near redline, where I don't do most of my riding).  I would eventually like to change out the exhaust, but like you, I haven't found anything in the market that totally convinces me.

>>> Troy Blood <TroyB@xxxxxxxxxxx> 10/26 12:18 PM >>>
Talked with Two Bros about the slip on for the Sprint and why they
omitted the dyno chart results below 5000 rpm.  They said that without
the remaping below 5000 the hp dipped a little bit below the stock can.
But....with the remaping it was just a hair above the stock up to 5000
and above 5000 there was even a higher hp gain than what was listed on
the site.

I am kind of skeptical about buying this pipe. I would hate to buy it
and find a serious lag or dip in the power band.  How many different
maps are there for the Sprint.  Anybody have any comments or input???

Troy Blood
BKI
Ph (864) 963-3471
Fax (707) 202-3639