Re: What options and accessories to order

An interesting note on the ST's speedo/odometer.  According to the Sigma BC 800 computer, which is supossed to be accurate to ± 1 mph at 150 mph, the speedometer is approximately off by 6 mph at around 70 mph (8% difference), but the ST odometer hangs close to the Sigma odometer (ST shows 160 miles, the Sigma shows 161 miles, around a ½ % difference).  Isn't it wonderful how laws (which intend to save us from ourselves) have inspired Triumph to screw up our speedo's like that.  I don't even look at the STspeedo, knowing that it is wrong, except at night when I cannot see the Sigma.  The speedo would make a good place to put up a picture of mom.  At least the bike is not racking up 5 to 10 % additional miles!!  I love the Sigma.  I have one on my mountain bike, and may even put one on my truck!!

At 02:10 PM 10/27/1999 -0400, Bill Flowers wrote:
 >> - Sigma Digital speedo
 >Tell me more!

Several of us on the list use them. There is a pic in the accessory section
on the site. It is a digital bike computer that measures speed very
accurately (and reads over 99 mph). After mounting you will see the +5% to
+10% error in the stock speedo. Plus it has a few neat features, like
elapsed time, average speed, highest speed, etc...